Care and Cleaning
When it comes to keeping your favorite pieces for as long as possible, intentional care is key. Here are a few tips on how you can maximize care so you can minimize waste!
(1) Regularly wipe your Humi bags clean.
- Use a soft cloth or non-alcohol based wet wipes to remove dust and dirt. It’s ideal to do this after every use.
- If you have extra time to spare, use gentle leather cleaners like Wipe Out at least once a week to keep your bags and accessories looking new for as long as possible. This also helps remove shallow stains and helps prevent dirt from seeping deep into the material.
- For stains like oil, ink, and the likes, we suggest to wipe them off immediately with a damp cloth and warm, soapy water to remove as much of the stain as possible. If you have leather cleaners on hand, use this, too. Effectivity will depend on the potency of the product and degree of stain. Otherwise, best to bring to professional leather bag and shoe cleaners.
(2) Store inside dust bag and in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Keeping your bag/s under direct sunlight for an extended period of time can lead to discoloration or premature softening of leather that can compromise its durability and form. When not in use, keep inside a dust bag. If your bag didn’t come with one, wrap it with a cloth or store in a cool, dry place.
(3) Avoid overpacking!
We have recommended weight content for the bags to help them last you a long time. Your bags will take a beating if you habitually and excessively stash things inside so break the habit and be kinder to your bags (… and backs!)
(4) Avoid from getting in contact with clothing or fabric whose dye can easily transfer, e.g. dark denim wash.
(5) Treat your bags as you would a reliable friend.
Every six months, treat them to a deep clean care from professional leather bag and shoe cleaners. This will help remove deep seated dirt and prevent them from accumulating more that may be more difficult to remove if left untreated.